||Movie Showtimes Database, Web Service, Data Feed, Java, JDBC, XML, RSS, Screen Scraping
SyncMovie is an update to our MovieListing project that allows you to save the movie
description and showtime data to database.
Java 2 Runtime Environment (Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux)
SyncMovie is an upgrade of our Movie Listings project that was developed
so that MicroWeb President, Christopher Smith, could get movie showtime listings on his mobile phone.
The SyncMovie upgrade contains the following new features:
- Showtime data is stored in a database
- Extra movie information such as movie description and poster image is retrieved
The advantage of storing the showtime information in a database is that it is easier to publish the information in
different formats (HTML, RSS, XML) and for different devices. Below are some applications that we have developed
or have under development that utulize the SyncMovie database:
- Movie Showtimes via Mobile Phone
Our SyncMovie database is used to publish showtime listings on our mobile site
so that our employees, friends and clients can get showtime info on their mobile phones.
- Movie Showtimes via TiVo
- Using the TiVo HME software developer kit, we are able to create an application to display local
theater showtimes right on your TV. No more fumbling through the paper to see what is playing.
- Movie Showtimes via Windows XP Media Center
- We would like to provide another method of viewing showtimes on your tv.
- Movie Showtimes via Web Service
Our SyncMovie database is used to create a web service so that external clients can query the database for local showtime
information to display on their website or device.
- Java 2 runtime environment (J2SE)
- JDBC driver for database that will be updated
Note: SyncTable does NOT work with the Sun Microsystems jdbc:odbc bridge.